Monday, July 7, 2014

LPS July Sketch Challenge is Live!

Hi there!  Back from vacation and back to work today.  That part is not so fun, but it's also time for my first layout reveal as a new design team member over at Life.Paper.Scrapbook!  CLICK HERE to see the rest of the awesome reveal.

The July sketch was the perfect chance for me to start scrapping our vacation photos and I couldn't wait to dig in.


And here's the sketch:


I started out with a watercolor background with some neutrals for the "sandy" area, and a mixture of blues double as sky and water.  Then I added some modeling paste for a wave/cloud effect and added some Tim Holtz stamped birds.  I also went over the sandy area with some Tattered Angels mist to give it a little sandy sparkle.


When I was working on the gala signs for the Little Lady's school fundraiser, I came across this awesome package of moss at Michael's.  Even though it is actually just moss and dried mushroom type stuff, I think it feels beachy and I grabbed it hoping to use it for just this purpose some day.  I attached it all to the sand with a glue gun...and may have burned my fingerprint off in the process. ;-)


I love this Citrus Twist Kits stamp to the left of my journaling.  So true...and so far this summer is shaping up to have LOTS of stories!


Closeup of my photo arrangement.  At first, it may seem like this layout is nothing like the sketch, but the photo placement, the journaling and title placement are right where they should be in the sketch.  I just went a little crazy with the moss which makes the sketch a bit tricky to see.  Hehe.


Aaaaand the canvas thickers show up again!  Shocking, right?


So there you have it!  You have until July 28th to link up your take on the sketch.  See you in the gallery!

PS.  Come back and visit me this evening...I'll have another post revealing the July color sketch over at Challenge YOUrself.  If you can't wait to see what this month's challenge entails, CLICK HERE now to check it out!  Have a great day!!

xoxo,


Shawna

4 comments:

  1. LOL...I bought a PILE of these canvas alphas cos I like 'em so much. You have good taste, heehee!!! I LOOOOVE this page...it's so 3D & the way you've used the moss is sensational....the clouds look fab & I can ABSOLUTELY see the sketch:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, Shawna! This is spectacular! I love your background and all of your amazing details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW WOW WOW ! This is awesome - your background is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Miss Saucy this is just gorgeous. I love it. All of it.

    ReplyDelete