Sunday, April 26, 2015

CSI #162 - Star Party

I just scrolled through the blog and realized my last entry was in November of last year!  And my last CSI case file was even farther back than that...September of 2014!  Life got busy and overwhelming for awhile, and something had to give or I was going to lose what was left of my sanity.  So I took a break from scrapbooking, enjoyed the holidays with my family, and focused on my new venture as an educational consultant for Usborne Books & More.

This past Friday, I got an email revealing the latest CSI case file.  We had just gone to an astronomy event at our local nature center and I had great pictures for the file.  Next thing I knew, I was back at my craft desk after months and months away, dusting everything off and gathering my "evidence" for the file.  Here is my result.


And here in the case file.  You can check out how the design team cracked the case and play along by clicking HERE.


A few closeups.  Here in the top left hand corner I repeated much of the pattern used in the main portion of the layout below.  The white stars were made with modeling paste and a stencil.



I also incorporated some wooden stars that I tinted with yellow gelato to give another layer of dimension.


I should have added another two epoxy dots here to represent Jupiter and all four of its moons.  I think I will do that now!  :-)



When all is said and done, even though I am a little bit rusty with my scrapping, it felt good to get my feet wet and get a layout under my belt.  Crossing my fingers that I have more time for scrapbooking in the coming weeks and months!  Thanks for stopping by!

xoxo,


Shawna

4 comments:

  1. Sooo nice to see you back! I do love your scrappy pages! And this is no exception. You may have taken a break, but it sure does not show! Love the threads and those stars & the black bg.....GORGEOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see you Shawna! You still got it girl! Your creations are all masterpieces!!! Love the dark background. Hope to see more of your creations in the future ;) Take care my friend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous layout!!! So glad to see you back!! I was just thinking about your recently!! Your projects never cease to amaze me!! Love your creativity!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way cool page, Shawna! GOod to see you scrapping again! Missing you at CSI!

    ReplyDelete