Thursday, May 16, 2013

CSI Case File #71...Guess How Much I Love You?

Another fabulous challenge this week over at CSI!  The color scheme was perfection...one of my faves!  So how did I end up with a layout that that is way overdone and has smeared stars?  No idea.  I was going with an evening moon theme, but sometimes the creative process goes awry and this happens.  No matter though...I scrapped some great pictures, and documented one of me and my daughter's favorite books.  So, all in all it's still a scrappy success.  Happy scrapping!

Here is the challenge:



And here is my take on it:

I created the gray background by mixing some white gesso with black acrylic to get a rich gray.



A couple of our favorite lines from the children's book "Guess How Much I Love You?"

Loving these Recollections wooden house embellies!  Note: Paint and Heidi Swapp masks don't mix...hence the smeared stars.  Oh well...live and learn! :-)

5 comments:

  1. How sweet!! Love this layout so much!
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynn! You have an awesome weekend too! :-)

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful layout Shawna. Love what you did with the challenge. Just fabulous. Stunning photos. I know you said you had trouble with this one but I think it is great..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shawna,I stopped by, loved what I saw and have Nominated your site for the Liebster Blog Award. Stop by and see what it is all about ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Properly, knowing Hulk's constantly growing strength, and and Doomsday's
    resurection powers, that battle could concievably continue forever.


    Feel free to visit my site: premature ejaculation treatment nhs

    ReplyDelete