Friday, September 6, 2013

Mind Mapping - CSI #87

Happy Friday!!  There's an amazing case file this week over at CSI...one of the testimony prompt suggestions is this very cool concept called "mind mapping."  It inspired my inner wanna be artist and I do think maybe I will give art journaling a try after this.  That's the thing about CSI...it pushes your limits and encourages you to try things that you might not have otherwise.  :)

If you go check out Pinterest you will find tons of different examples of how to create a mind map - many involve a flow chart or graph type of a structure.  You can click here for some examples. I saw the map a bit differently though, using a foundation word as the trunk of the tree, supporting the branches/areas where I need to find balance in life.  I used a mix of mists, gelatos, and chalk to create the  background, and the rest is simply pen and molding paste. Below is the final result.  I'm pretty happy with it...kind of reminds me of an old Smashing Pumpkins album cover!


And here's the sketch I started with, and some close-ups.  PS.  I went through an obscene amount of molding paste to do this layout.  If you haven't tried molding paste to add dimension to your pages, give it a try.  It is so workable and if you goof up, you can actually scrape/wipe it off before it dries.





Thanks so much for stopping by and having a look!  Have a fabulous weekend!

1 comment: