Friday, November 22, 2013

It's Friday...and you know what that means!

Time for CSI's latest case file reveal!  This was one of my favorite color schemes from the past few weeks and I had a blast putting this layout together.

Here is the case file:


And here is my take on it.


All of the colors are there, though the greens are subtle and used in embellies.  For my evidence I chose butterflies and wood, and for my journaling I used the inspiration word "fly" and included the lyrics from a song by Dave Matthews Band called "You and Me."  For me, it perfectly captures the essence of the crazy ride of life that my husband and I are on together.


My favorite part of this layout is how the gelato drips naturally fell into what, to me, looks like two people, with the taller person's head bent down as if kissing the forehead of the shorter person.  I added a couple of wooden hearts to them to hopefully make them a little easier to "see." And now that I look again, I think it kind of looks like a person being held up like she's crowd surfing in the taller drips.  LOL  I swear, I haven't had a drop of wine as I write this...





The embellishments are a mix of a bunch of stuff I had in my stash - some October Afternoon Travel Girl from a previous month's Citrus Twist Kit, some Maya Road wooden squares from a prior month's Birds of a Feather Kit Co. kit, some Yellow Bicycle canvas butterflies, and some Tim Holtz stamps.  A little bit of this, and a little bit of that! :)

Thanks for stopping by and having a look.  I hope you will come play along and solve this week's case file!

Have a fabulous weekend!





5 comments:

  1. All I have to say is OMG!!!





    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes the Universe colludes into making fabulous creativity even MORE fabulous, eh? This is just wonderful & really, really different:):) LOOOOVE that you're 'getting on' your gelatos, too:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Wow! Shawna I love this - so unusual, just genius :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous and wonderfully creative page! I love everything about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that this is one of my favest layouts ever Shawna... nothing I don't love on here. You nailed this one.

    ReplyDelete