Thursday, November 14, 2013

Triple share - a "just for fun" layout and a 2-project BOAF reveal!

Good morning!  Today I have a few projects to share - the first is a "just for fun" layout I made that isn't for an design team work or challenge entry.  I snapped this awesome picture of my daughter that has just been begging to be scrapped, and the photo feels funky and artsy to me so I thought I would try to recreate a kind of impressionist background that mimicked the view she was looking at outside the window.  I came across this awesome pin on Pinterest that gave me the courage to try to make an abstract cityscape.  Here's what I came up with.


Lots of doodles added to make everything pop out against the water color background...and these white modeling paste chevrons have really gotten some mileage on my layouts lately.  I am going to have to make another batch!




I'm also up on the Birds of a Feather blog today sharing a layout and card I made using the November kit (which is packed with Heidi Swapp goodness, among other things).  Remember when crowns were all the rage in scrapbooking a few years back? (okay...so maybe it's been more than a few years...I'm getting old.) Anyway, I'm kickin' it old school for this layout! The crown here was too perfect to pass up.  And the Heidi Swapp Good Life paper plays right into my love for fussy cutting and quite a bit of cutting I did.  I pulled the crown, the camera, the silhouette and the star from the circles on the back side of the paper then layered them up over gelatos, inks and mists.  Then I used Heidi Swapp rub-on stars and added some of my own vellum punched stars and some stars made with a stencil mask and modeling paste.  I also layered the scraps from the vellum used for the stars and popped it behind the photo.  The bottom border is washi tape.  




For the card below, I used some more of the vellum star scraps, and punched out the world circle from the Heidi Swapp paper, using the scrap layered underneath.  I hole punched the main cardstock and added the royal blue card stock on the inside of the card.  The letters are October Afternoon.



Thanks so much for stopping by...your visits and comments make my day!  


4 comments:

  1. So much scrappy goodness going on here!!!! Love the doodling and the layers. Your card is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous - my fave is the first scrap page, just love it! I've got to make me some of those texture paste chevrons, such a clever idea !
    Can I ask you a techno-klutz question please? how did you get the slideshow going on at the top of your blog? I tried to put a little one on my blog but couldn't work it out and ran out of time to work it out - a pointer in the right direction would be really handy :o)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning layouts Shawna. I love the watercolour one it is so cool... great job, Love the crown too. and the card is just perfect. Way to go ... you have been busy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning Shawna....your work is amazing! Love all of them!

    ReplyDelete