Friday, April 18, 2014

CSI #119 - Explore...

No mixed media for me this week!  The "feel" of this case file felt more vintage-y to me. :)  I loved this case file because it gave me a chance to use many of the older papers that have been sitting in my stash for quite some time.  Plus I had so many fun travel elements that had previously gone unused because, well, we don't really go anywhere!  LOL  

Here's the case file:


CLICK HERE to see what the rest of the design team has come up with!

And here's my take on it.


For evidence, I chose wood, globe/earth, and a tag.  Then I chose to journal on a tag and tucked it behind the photos.  It says:  "You are fascinated by all of the places in the world that we have never been, and each time you learn about a new country, you ask me if we can go there.  One of my wishes for you is that you have the opportunity someday and travel the world and see how much there is "out there" besides our tiny little slice of the earth."

Here are a couple of closeups:


This was the perfect time to use my map letter Thickers and I love the banner stickers that have the airline schedules on them!


Studio Calico wooden veneer sayings always come in handy, as does that 7 Gypsies hot air balloon stamp.  I've gotten soooo much use out of it.  The globe sticker is Heidi Swapp and the kraaft and chalkboard circle behind it is (I think?) The Paper Company.


The stamps you see are from Citrus Twist Kits, and the great scrabble letter stickers are from last month's kit from The Memory Nest.

Thanks for stopping by!  Can't wait to see what you create!

xoxo,




Shawna

4 comments:

  1. Yea!!! more photos : ) Great job with the black inking, Shawna! Your photos really pop....awesaome LO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great, crisp design

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fabulous page - love the photos and great design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that this has to be one of my fave layouts of yours lady. I am not sure why. Maybe it is the whole linear thing... I don't know. Love the design the papers and the photos. My fave bit is the flight boards for the banners underneath... now that was really neat.

    ReplyDelete