Friday, August 8, 2014

CSI #134 Explore

Happy Friday!  Time for CSI's weekly case file.  It's the second week of the month (how did that happen so quickly?!) so we have an awesome Em Stafrace sketch for you, as well.  I absolutely loved this case file.  I don't often work with round photos, but I should because without fail I love the outcome every single time.  Here's my layout:


Here's the case:


For my evidence, I chose circles and ribbons.  I worked with the circular photos, obviously, but also incorporated a Creative embellishments circular chipboard, enamel dots, and a couple of white handcut cardstock circles layered behind that.


I chose to journal about something outside, and used a Heidi Swapp travel sticker for my title.  I love the Cosmo Cricket phrase stickers, too, and used a couple of those to play up the outdoor theme.


Added some cream colored jute to accent the main photo.


A bit of Basic Grey with the "awesome" frame peeking out.


Unless you live in a super urban area, I think that my journaling holds true for most backyards - at least in the semi-rural area where we live.  We can step out the back door, walk across the yard, and be knee high in fields of flowers where there is an absolutely endless array of birds and wildlife to be seen.  Right beyond that, there are woods to explore, with nothing else in view except a farm a couple of miles away up on a hill.  It is truly a blessing to have such beauty in our own backyard.


Thanks for stopping by and having a look.  I hope you have lots of fun planned for the weekend and are taking advantage of this last month of summer, before the craziness of school, life and Autumn take hold.

xoxo,


Shawna

3 comments:

  1. It IS a blessing to live in such a place! LOOOVE this one...the bright orange hessian looks great & you're right...you do circles soooo well.....love how you've layered 'em up here, too:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this layout and the fact that your little girl can amuse herself it is a rare thing today. Love the chippie circle and the burlap. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout! Love the burlap layer and darling photos!

    ReplyDelete