Friday, January 17, 2014

CSI CF#106 - Remember.

Happy Friday everyone!  CSI's latest case file is up and ready to be solved.  CLICK HERE to play along!

This week the colors are so soft and pretty and I found the scene a great inspiration and the perfect chance for me to celebrate the life of my late dear friend, Meagen, who passed away last November in a tragic car accident.   It is so important to me to keep her memory alive, and to make sure that I share stories of her with her young children, so they never forget what an incredible mother and friend she was.  What an inspiration she was. The journaling, on the back of the layout, uses the inspiration word "bright" and talks about what a beautiful bright light she gave off, and how she touched everyone who ever met her.

For my evidence, I have used an ombre effect, arrows and circles.




The background was created on watercolor paper with a mixture of gelatos and mists (both mixed and poured on in liquid form).  Lots and lots of layers of colors in peach, red, and yellow tones.


I added some polka dot stamping behind the photo and cluster and unfortunately realized a little too late that I wasn't going to like the end result, so I ended up just adding more layers and covering some of the polka dots up to soften up the look.


Thanks for reading, my friends.

xoxo,

Shawna

4 comments:

  1. Loooove that soft coloured bg....the layering is just amazing & I'm so glad you're doing this....I hope her family is gradually getting better.....I guess it will be a long, slow road to any sort of recovery...but you've done a fabulous job here:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly fabulous! I love your background and the softness it adds to your page. Such a bitter sweet page that will remind you of your dear friend and the joy she added to your life. This gorgeous page certainly shows how much you cared for her.
    Have a wonderful weekend Shawna. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful layout and a wonderful tribute to your friend. Love the inbred effect bad the design.. Great layout xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful...such a lovely tribute. Love the colours and the way they slowly change down the page...something I have been trying to achieve! So many wasted pages...I think I have given up!!

    ReplyDelete