Friday, June 27, 2014

CSI #129 - You Shine...

Happy Friday everyone!  I hope this post finds you well and, for my US girls, looking forward to a little R&R on the upcoming 4th of July holiday!  I have a really fun week planned and am looking forward to lots of quality time and sunshine!

Here is my take on CSI's reveal for this week.  I loved the colors and had fun trying out an laser cut overlay on this one.  I bought it though...still no Silhouette.  I'm gonna have to crack and buy one some day very soon!  Here's my layout:


 And here is the beautiful case file.  CLICK HERE to see what the rest of the design team came up with and to play along.

 And some of the deets:  I misted the overlay with Heidi Swapp Color Shine mist in Mustard and Velvet Black.  The chipboard is a lovely branch-like circle from Creative Embellishments.  You have to stop by and check out their amazing selection of quality chipboard!  I am using it more and more.  CLICK HERE to visit the Creative Embellishments store.  For this layout, I covered the chipboard with dark gray Faber Castell gelatos, and then embossed some spots with white.


Lots of Heidi Swapp stickers and ephemera, including this cute heart, and the title work.  The "joy" button is an adorable Heidi Grace epoxy sticker.  I love how it looks doodled.


More Heidi Swapp, and some cheap dollar bin Recollections/Michael's blooms.  And some fun green thread and wire to tie in the green in the case file palette.


And here is my journaling - a 6 word memoir.


Enjoy the weekend friends!


xoxo,


Shawna

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love that you've slightly coloured the overlay...& those clusters are magical!!! LOOOOOVE:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous page! Love the colors and that beautiful picture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is your little Ireland. I love that yellow dress she looks like a little ray of sunshine. Love the background and that cut out... fab clusters and once again you rocked this case file.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! It is my case 129 DT fave!

    ReplyDelete