Monday, June 30, 2014

Sketchabilities #118 - Epic Photo Fail

Happy Monday!  Well, it's happy for me because I'm on vacation and getting lots of R&R!  To make the day even better, it's time for another fabulous sketch from Sketchabilities!

Here is my layout.  I seriously had way too much putting this layout together.  I think I pretty much giggled the whole time thinking about the circumstances of this photo of me and my silly friends trying to take a group photo with the camera on auto-timer.




And here is the awesome sketch.




CLICK HERE to see the rest of this fabulous reveal.

Here are some close-ups.  I dug deep into this month's Citrus Twist Kit for this one - almost everything on this layout comes from that kit.  CLICK HERE to check out June's awesome CT kit!  

Of course, like most of the Sketchabilities sketches, this one made me think of mixed media, so I layered up lots of texture on this page.  For the  background, I started with paper from the Studio Calico South Market collection (the paper is called green acres), then I laid down some gesso and went over that with a Tim Holtz mask misted with Heidi Swapp Color Shine mist in navy.  Then I layered the same mask with white ink over that.  THEN I grabbed another mask (it's actually a cardboard mask meant for home improvement projects but whatevs-I love it- and applied that with modeling paste.  I also added some splats of Tim Holtz distress stain in Crushed Olive.

Of course, for my title I fell back on my trusty canvas Thickers, and mixed them with American Craft Thickers that came in my CTK kit.



I cut these library cards from Crate Paper Open Road paper called Drive-In, and then stenciled over top of them with a Heidi Swapp mini stencil.  I used the floral pattern on the flip side of the paper as a layer behind the photo.


I still chuckle over my repeated use of the doilies I once despised, but man they do come in handy!  The stamp is a Citrus Twist Kits original.


For the bottom corner, I repeated the background work that I did under the photo and added a frame from a Basic Gray ephemera pack from the Capture line.  And then I added another Citrus Twist Kits original stamp for the camera, which I fussy cut and layered over the frame.


And there you have it, folks!  You have 2 weeks to play along and link up your creation to share with us over at Sketchabilities.  Hope to see you in the gallery!  

xoxo,


Shawna

4 comments:

  1. Looks such FUN....great pic & that bg paper is AWESOME....especially after you gave it the 'treatment'!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely page. Was watching your slide show above. Your work truly amazes me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol those are sometimes the best layouts to do because of the emotions behind the photos or stories. I think that photo is brilliant. REAL moments not staged. Love your take on the sketch too. Love what you did to the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG. There are so many textures and layers to adore. This page is fabulous! Love it!

    ReplyDelete