Sunday, June 22, 2014

BFFs 4ever...

Hello hello!  I have a layout to share that was made for CSI's latest case file, Case #128.  This one had a whole lotta purple which always gives me hives, but I tackled it as best as I could.  lol  I was psyched to find this photo of the Little Lady and her BFF because it literally had all of the colors in the case file worked in already.


Here's the case file.  CLICK HERE to see the rest of the awesome work from the other designers.


Some closeups.  I really love these fabric Thickers.  I use them all.the.time!  This time, I covered them in some powder blue chalky ink.  Underneath the center of the layout, I used mists and masks and some Tim Holtz distress paints to make the splats.  Then I added a layer of random stamps and a bunch of light blue thread.


I used some Liquid Pearls here and there, and some modeling paste to do some directional triangles.  The "tree" triangle that I used for journaling, as well as the leaf I used for the title, were fussy cut from DCWV Green Stack - it's a summer woodsy/campy line and has been coming quite handy this season!  I added the Prima pussy willow embellie (part of it - I cut it down) as a finishing touch over the photo.


How cute is this Basic Grey "Hey Girl" flair button?


Side view of the dimension :)


And that's all she wrote!  You have until June 29th to link up and share your layout with us over at CSI.  Enjoy your Sunday everyone!

xoxo,


Shawna

1 comment:

  1. I don't believe you don't like working with purple... I think you nailed this one and I love the layout. It is so vibrant and the papers are just perfect. Such a sweet photo of the girls too. Love it.

    ReplyDelete