Friday, May 23, 2014

CSI #124 - Dream...

Happy Friday!  It's that time again...CSI's latest case file!  This one was my favorite for May. Gorgeous color, and great "evidence," perfect for this shot of my daughter blowing glitter out of her palms on a winter day.  (Photo edited to fit the case, but the original photo is every bit as amazing and is courtesy of Ashley Jannson photography, who did an amazing job capturing the magic of our little lady.)  CLICK HERE to see more of Ashley's work.

Here is the case file:


And here is my take on it.  You can see more of what the talented design team came up with by CLICKING HERE.


I've used this technique a couple of times when I need a large circle shape (I don't have a ton of chipboard, and definitely not chipboard that large)...I used watercolor paper and added pink, gold and orange gelatos to it, and some random gold swirls with gold Liquid Pearls, then cut the paper in a circular shape to use behind the photo.


I took the "glitter" as evidence prompt seriously and even added some glitter on the photo to enhance the shot of the glitter being blown, and used many shiny elements, including the the title letters, which are American Craft Thickers.


The background is a mix of gelatos and Heidi Swapp Color shine in blush and yellow, with lots and lots of glitter added in and sealed with acrylic.  I also added some leaf stencils with modeling paste just to break it up a little bit.


I have accumulated this great little collection of flowers from the Michael's dollar bins, and I've been using them quite often lately.  I'm not normally a big flower fan, but they're growing on me!  This time, I layered them over some wrapped silver ribbon, and added a pretty gold pin, and some jeweled buttons and sequins as well.


Here's a better shot of the added glitter.  I found some stretchy silver twine which worked nicely to bring a little extra texture in.


Finally, for my journaling, I used the inspiration word "dream" and found this fabulous little quote on Pinterest that seemed to be written for this photo.  I wrote it right on the photo in a vellum pen, and you can see that it was a little tough to write neatly (I'm a leftie and EVERYTHING is hard for me when writing because my hand brushes across and smears the ink or the pencil lead.  Such a pain.  Anyway, I digress...)


And there you have it!  Come play along with us.  This case file can be interpreted in so many different ways!

Enjoy the weekend, friends, and for my US friends, enjoy the long holiday weekend and please remember what Memorial Day is all about...as the wife of a (non-active duty at this time, thank goodness) member of the US military, I know all too well how different our lives could have turned out, had I lost him to war.  Please take time out of your weekend to remember and honor those who have given their lives for our country.  You (and I) wouldn't have all we have without their bravery, service, and sacrifice.

xoxo,


Shawna

6 comments:

  1. A completely magical page Shawna. I have missed visiting your blog - I am sooooooo far behind and feeling quite overwhelmed at the moment....I want to play with this one but there was no way I could get it done in time :( Too much going on at home at the moment too. Thanks for all of your visits to my blog I really really appreciate your support and I am tickled pink by the Liebster Award. I will pass it on as soon as I can get caught up. What a stunning photo of Ireland to.. completely magical. I am still having such a hard time with all the watery colour and gelato stuff.. so what did I do when and bought the LSG Flat Fabios... like that will make a difference :/ Oh well I love pretty stuff.... take care darlin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it....fairy-licious!!!! That thread looks fab & I like your 'cheats' circles!!!! Yeah, I'm a lefty too.....so I KWYM:):)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this layout! It's so whimsical!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fabulous photo and awesome page! Blew me away from the first time I saw it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great page! Magical, whimsical and so perfect! I love it! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete