Monday, May 26, 2014

I am thankful...

It's an "anything goes" month over at Once Upon a Sketch, with a fabulous sketch, and the freedom to pick whatever journaling subject you choose.  Usually, they'll give you an inspiration phrase to spark your journaling (which I actually love  because sometimes I get a total mental block), but this month you can journal about anything your little heart desires. ;-)  I'm so glad I found the time to play along with a couple of challenge sites this month, aside from my normal design team work.

Here's my layout.


(So bizarre how the striped paper behind the photo seems to show through in my skin...you can't see it in real life.  Ah, well.  lol)

And here's this month's sketch inspiration.


While I followed the general shape of the page, I did move my title and my journaling is spread around the page.  I started out swiping some gesso across the page horizontally, and then added some mint green Heidi Swapp mist.


I crumpled some vellum paper (Recollections and Maggie Holmes) and used it to give texture above the gesso and mist.  Then I worked some ribbon in and added some of the great papers and embellies that came in this month's Citrus Twist Kit.  Don't you just love those wooden scallops?!


I used the gesso in random spots around the page to tone down the background paper and to serve as journaling spots, and then I made a list of all of the things in my life that I am thankful for right now.  


Big thanks to Once Upon a Sketch for the inspiration.  Happy Monday everyone!

xoxo,


Shawna

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful you <3
    And such a beautiful layout, love how much there is to see! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layout!!! You are amazingly creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see it... that is bizarre.... maybe in a past life you were a zebbie... :P hahahahahaha beautiful layout and I love the photo. Beautiful girl. Love that quote... it is so true. The vellum strips with the journalling is a great idea. Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS this month :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely page! I love the little vellum words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous layout! I love how you used the vellum and little chippies! Your journaling is awesome love the little spots of words so unique! TFS! All the best! http://mybeaner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is that your WRITING?? It's gorgeous, if it is - I thought it was rub ons...but now??? Anyways, fabulous, creative & popalicious blues behind it all...vellum...YUUUM!! Thanks for joining us as always, at OUAS....And if you haven’t already done so, you can link this to our Once Upon A…Sketch Facebook Page for a chance at our special FB prize!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your layout,it looks fresh and somehow like a journal, I like that idea! Thanks for playing along at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete