Wednesday, May 7, 2014

CY#6 - My Girl...with a Sketch!

Happy Hump Day!  Time to reveal the latest challenge over at Challenge YOUrself!  Since this is the honorary month of motherhood, we are celebrating motherhood by challenging YOU to scrap a photo of yourself with one of your "girls"...your daughter, your mom, your grandma, etc. etc.  And we have a great sketch for you to work with too!

This month we have a great prize for you.  All you have to do is play along and link your creation to be entered to win this Bo Bunny Baby Bump ephemera pack.


So.  Here's the sketch:


And here's my take on it.  CLICK HERE to see what the rest of the design team came up with!


I'm currently teaching myself watercolors, so I've been playing with them quite a bit lately.  For this layout, I used them over a Tim Holtz stencil to get this effect behind the photos.


Here's a photo of the 2 watercolors I used, and a shot of the Tattered Angels mist and paint I used to make the swirly design on the photo frames (they were white Recollections frames).


And some close ups of the page details.  I had a blast making this one.  I'm loving watercolors!








So there you have it!  Remember, at Challenge YOUrself, you have a whole month to come up with your creation and submit it for us to oooh and ahhhh over...and you might just win a prize!  ;-)

Enjoy your day!

xoxo,


Shawna

5 comments:

  1. I love the water color background you made Shawna! It makes the page one of a kind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh YES!!! LOOOOOVE that bg...thanks for sharing the 'mediums' you used, too....looks totally delish & the colours work so well! Wish I had a daughter, or a grand daughter. Hmmpffff. Seems all my mob can breed are MALES. Even the dog is one. Luckily I do have a mother. Funny that!!! Must try & get a photo of us together on Mum's Day....sorry....you sparked a thought process. Obv.....you have INSPIRED me!!! LOL......ok, off to crazy write on someone else's blog now....!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! I love it when you visit me and crazy write Lizzy! :-D

      Delete
  3. Shawna! I absolutely love your page! That background is spectacular! It looks amazing here!!! I like all of the fun layers and how you did your journaling, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this page. The photos, the background - just awesome!
    I have nominated you for a Liebster Award:
    http://www.craftycucumber.com/2014/05/a-blogging-award-for-crafty-cucumber.html

    ReplyDelete