Thursday, May 1, 2014

Sketchabilities #114

Loving this new sketch from Sketchabilities...I'm really trying to get more than one photo onto my pages lately (I've got a whole lotta photos to scrap!) so it was nice to squeeze 3 onto one page for a change!

Here's the sketch:


And here's my take on it.  CLICK HERE to see what the rest of the Design Team came up with and get inspired to create your own take on the sketch!


I love these winter photos of our little diva at the park.  When she's in front of the camera, she owns it, that's for sure.  On this day, Ashley Jansson Photography wanted to try out a new lens and Miss Ireland was happy to be her muse, despite the frigid temps.  The whole shoot took less than 15 minutes.  When you're as cute as this kid, there's not much need for re-takes.  I'm modest when it comes to my daughter, really I am.  hehehe :)  CLICK HERE to see more of Ashley's awesome photography.

Here are some close-ups.  I was so happy to finally be able to use the silver Heidi Swapp stickers I've had in my stash for awhile now.  I never could quite find the right layout for them.


I fussy cut these cute little birds from Teresa Collins cardstock and love their little crowns!


The butterfly was stamped onto vellum, fussy cut, and covered with Mod Podge liquid magic.  You can also see here in the 2nd photo the glass bead medium that I added over the modeling paste to give it some shimmer.  I am loving that stuff! 




Here's another butterfly that I adhered to a flat round plastic circle and then covered with the Mod Podge stuff again.  I love how it can turn flat paper images into pretty dimensional embellies!


Couple of tags that I inked (and covered one with Teresa Collins paper), adding a jeweled button to the other one.


So there you have it!  I hope that you will come over to Sketchabilties and give this sketch a try.  Be sure to link up your creations! Enjoy the rest of your day!


xoxo,


Shawna

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Shawna! Just Gorgeous! And Ireland is darling!!!! Hope to play along with this sketch!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Would LOVE to see your work in the Sketchabilities gallery, Leslie!! :-D

      Delete
  2. This is absolutely beautiful! So many wonderful details. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous!!! What a beautiful little girl and beautiful page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in love with your page. All the little details are just so gorgeous. I love the stamping and the little birds and butterfly and yes the pictures of your girl are awesome!

    ReplyDelete