Sunday, May 25, 2014

Look Ma!

Playing along with Scrap Around the World this month and was thrilled to see the gold in this month's mood board.  My Citrus Twist kit this month was filled with hues of gold just perfect for the board. Here's my layout of the little lady's first horseback riding lesson.  She asked me before we went if they were going to let her ride no-hands, and of course I said "I'm sure they will not!"  Well, I stand corrected...apparently no hands is a great way to learn to balance and sit straight in your saddle.  I love these photos...horses are so majestic and it's beautiful to see my daughter's love for them and her bravery when it comes to leading and riding.

I took these photos on my phone, so they didn't print very well due to the low pixels, so I printed most of them fairly small which worked out nicely, because I don't often manage to squeeze multiple photos onto one layout.


And here is the beautiful mood board that inspired the layout.  I was mainly inspired by the gold and the doilies.


I've had these glittery thickers in my stash for awhile now, and haven't managed to work them into a page.  I pulled them in through the navy in my daughter's sweater and her instructor's jacket.


This fabulous horse came from a Studio Calico chippie set, and there are gold doilies peeking out from under the photos.


I love all of the phrase stamps that come each month from Citrus Twist.  No matter what sentiment I am looking for, there is sure to be a stamp that says what I want it to say.  The folder and card that I stamped on are from Basic Grey.


I handstitched a bit over the honeycomb gold flecked vellum paper, and went over some of the white chevron with a mask and some modeling paste to give it a little bit of added texture in the background.


And there you have it!  Hope you are all having a fabulous weekend.  I'm getting back outside today to get the compost and dirt into my garden beds and hope to plant tomorrow!  Gardening is one of my favorite things to do and I can't wait to see how things grow this summer!  See you later!

xoxo,


Shawna

7 comments:

  1. I love this one. And what a brave little rider in the pictures. Thank you so much for playing along with us at SATW this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaahhwww those pictures are a delight you must had a blast scrapping them!! Your layout is amazing! Thank you so much for playing with us this month at Scrap Around the World hugs Amy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific layout! your photos are precious! You did an amazing job with this mutli-photo page! love the blue glitter alphas! Thanks for playing along with us at SATW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you know what I think of this - it's precious!!! Love, love, love it! And yes, your layout looks good too ;) Love those little details you always have.
    Thank you Shawna, for playing with us at SATW <3 *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. The the special moment you captured in your layout! Lots of details and loving the stitching. Thanks for joining us at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your take on the challenge and such cool photos. I love them. The colours work so well. Another fab layout. THey grow so fast don't they.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful layout! I like those photo´s! And so many great details - nice to watch!
    Thank you for playing at SATW!

    ReplyDelete