Friday, May 9, 2014

CSI #122

Yep it's time for a new reveal at CSI!  And being that it's the 2nd week of the month, we have a fab sketch from the talented Miss Em Stafrace from PageDrafts!

Here's the case file and sketch.


And here's my take on it.  CLICK HERE for the rest of the design team's awesome work on this file. For my evidence, I chose a grid pattern and a tag/label.  For my testimony I pulled in the inspiration word "place" when talking about place value.  


Let me start out by saying I struggled like whoa on this one.  'Twas the mother of all case files for me. The color scheme AND the sketch.  I can't think of anything but pumpkins when I see orange and green together and I have the hardest time with banners...I can never get them to seem to naturally "fit" on my pages without looking like some foreign impostor.  Somehow, after 4 attempts I pulled this layout together.  And I'm glad because I really love these pictures because they showcase the little lady hard at work at school.  :)

I started out with some modeling paste, a stencil and chartreuse mist to get some numbers onto the background, since the layout is about math.


Then I cut out some banner shapes, hole punched them and secured them with jute twine.



A flair button, ink drips and wooden stars from Citrus Twist Kits.


And a description of Montessori methods of teaching math.


There she is!  My little mathematician working the "stamp game"! :)


Hope to see your work in the gallery this week!  Have a great weekend!

xoxo,


Shawna

3 comments:

  1. Awww.....isn't it wonderful to watch the gears turning? Lovely LO.....especially the use of a mask!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fabulous page Shauna! I know you had a hard time getting started on this but it came out so awesome! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning. I love the colours of this one and Em's sketch. Love your layout and the cute banner. Love the topic too. Great job as always. xx

    ReplyDelete