Friday, May 30, 2014

Tree Pose

Good morning and Happy Friday!  Today will be a day of blog posts, as several of my design teams have reveals scheduled to go live today.  First up, Sketchabilities!  Sketch #116 is live and ready to inspire.  Even better, we were lucky enough to receive some fabulous chipboard from Creative Embellishments to work with.  Creative Embellishment sells some seriously awesome, high quality chipboard.  CLICK HERE to visit their online store.  And, CLICK HERE to see what the rest of the talented design team came up with combining their chipboard with the sketch!

Here is my layout.


And here is the sketch.


I chose some awesome geometric shape chippies to work with and covered everything in a layer of gesso to start.  Then I went over the shapes with lots of gelatos to pull in various colors in the photo of my little yogi.  


Here are some closeups.  Because the shapes made such an impact, I kept the rest of my embellishing to a minimum.  For my background, I started with some Heidi Swapp color mist in Blush and Gold, then went over it with some green ink and a Tim Holtz mask.  I added a little bit of shading with a sharpie and some gold Liquid pearls on some of the squares, as well as on the background of the page.


Great gold title letters from American Craft Thickers!





And there you have it!  Make sure to stop by Creative Embellishments and check out their chipboard.  Then come on over to Sketchabilties and put your chipboard to use! :)  See you later this evening with the latest CSI reveal!

xoxo,


Shawna

6 comments:

  1. Awesome page Shawna! LOVE that chipboard and your photo is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! LOOOOVE the 'chippy matt' for behind the pic & the gelatos work a treat on them, too...really different. I LIKE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your take on the sketch, and love what you did with the chipboard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this , so beautiful and the photo makes me smile, a treasure x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Shawna and those chippies are just so nice... love how you coloured them. Just a cute photo too. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I just love what you've done with the chipboards! And the colors, wow!

    ReplyDelete